WGI-US and North Carolina State University's Department of Social Work present:
Pre-Conference Day-July 26th (Wednesday)
With best selling authors Robert Whitaker and Peter Breggin
By Robert Whitaker
- Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill
- Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America
- Psychiatry Under the Influence: Institutional Corruption, Social Injury, and Prescriptions for Reform
By Peter Breggin
- Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock, and Biochemical Theories of the "New Psychiatry"
- Your Drug May Be Your Problem, Revised Edition: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications
- Guilt, Shame, and Anxiety: Understanding and Overcoming Negative Emotions
Conference - July 27th-29th (Thursday-Saturday)-Includes Wednesday Welcome Reception, lunches Thursday through Saturday and Saturday night dinner.
Every day will have presentations addressing topics relevant for counseling, education, self-growth & development and managing. For those interested in attending one day only, Thursday will feature a counselor track; Friday will feature a self-growth & development track and Saturday will feature a track for educators.Faculty Day - July 30th (Sunday)
*FULL Conference Package (5 days-July 26th-30th)
This day is for staff development of any WGI-US faculty or for those studying to be faculty.
Includes Pre-conference, Conference & Faculty Day.
- CEs available for $35 (two days or more) or $25 for one day. When purchasing conference please choose "add CEs" from additional options.
- Guests are welcome for a fee ($260) which includes Wednesday Welcome Reception, lunches Thursday through Saturday and Saturday night dinner. If guests only want to attend Saturday dinner, please choose Saturday dinner. If guests are attending workshops, then payment of full conference is required.
- All pre-conference training participants (Certification & Faculty Trainings & Endorsements) are invited to the Wednesday night Welcome dinner to receive their certificates. Discounted rate of $260 for conference can be purchased when purchasing training.
- Name tags will be provided, at no extra charge, to conference participants who did not receive a name tag at the 2015 Las Vegas conference. Purchase of conference (at least 3 days) is required to receive a free name tag. If you are not entitled to a free name tag, you may purchase a 2017 conference name tag.
- Vending tables available.
We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the DoubleTree - Brownstone Hotel. Please ask for the Glasser rate of $114/night which includes breakfast and a manager's special each day. Be sure to book early so you are ensured a room in the conference hotel.
1707 Hillsborough StreetRaleigh, NC 27605
Locally: (919) 828-0811
Toll free: 1-800-331-7919
Things to Do In Raleigh, NC downloadable PDF